Access to Education
Access to Education (A2E) is a service provided for students with additional educational needs, this can be for students who are at risk of exclusion or those who are missing out on mainstream education for other reasons.
A2E offers a short-term service for children/young people who through exceptional circumstances cannot attend school including medical reasons and permanent exclusions. This service includes teaching; emotional, behavioural and social development work; and mentoring. This is all accessed via a Virtual Learning Environment (VLE).
Referrals to A2E can be made by:
- The Schools Admission Team
- The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Team
- The Area Case Review and Area Action Group (ACRAG)
Surrey Online School (SOS)
Surrey Online School (SOS) provides a mixed education including live lessons. it is offered to a range of students across the county.
Students who may access SOS are those who are:
- out of school due to medical needs
- within Surrey's existing alternative provision services including Access to Education (A2E), Special Educational Needs (SEN), Looked after Children (LAC)
- school refusers and
- at risk of permanent exclusion
Referral to this service can only be made by a school or organisation. To find out more, please visit: surreyonlineschool.co.uk.